Friday, April 22, 2016

20 week Ultrasound!!

On the 15th I had my 20 week ultrasound. I was 20 weeks and 5 days at the time. Both babies passed with flying colors and are each 1 pound!! Wowza!! I have a feeling these will be some good sized babies. The whole ultrasound took 2 hours, which was new. One hour per baby. My IFs were both able to come and see the ultrasound which was super special. They saw the details of their babies and even the cute little faces! My tummy was so goopy by the end of the ultrasound, I told the nurse I probably wouldn't need to moisturize all week now. ;) I have a Fetal Echo cardiogram next week that is recommended for IVF babies even though the twins look fine. Thats another two hours, but I'm sure it will be reassuring to hear that the babies are totally fine afterwards. Then I have another regular OB appointment at 3 weeks past my last one, and then I'm seen every 2 weeks. Crazy! I feel like all these appointments are going to make time really fly. I can't wait until they're born.

I'm wanting to have a vaginal delivery for these twins, but I still need to deliver in the OR. They need to be prepared in case anything goes wrong then I can be prepped for a C-section quickly. I cannot stress enough how terrified I am of having a C-section. It's just not something I want, so please pray these babies are both head down by D Day and everything goes smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment