Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Many hands.. A letter to my Surro-twins

My Darlings,

As you sit in my tummy right now, moving ever so gently, nudging and bumping my tummy, I am moved to write you both a letter. Something you can read when you're much older. I want the two of you to understand just how much you are loved. Your Daddies love you both so much, that they moved heaven and earth to get to you.. They spent countless hours talking and discussing how they could bring the two of you into their family, and then they met me. We talked and laughed, and spent time together and they asked me if I would carry the two of you in my tummy for them. I was so happy that your daddies chose me, and trusted me with such an important calling.



I remember after the Dr put the two of you in my belly, that he placed his large warm hands on my tummy and offered up a prayer, asking that the two of you decide to stay, and that God would bless you. It was a beautiful moment, and it's strange to say, but I knew that you both would. Even then I could tell that the two of you were going to stay with me for the 9 months until you were born.


So here we are, the both of you are growing so strong now, and moving around in my tummy like crazy. Sometimes you kick each other and I have to say "Hey! Calm down in there you two.."



Do you know how many people love you both right now? And you're not even born yet! Your Daddies love you both the most, for sure. They're your daddies! I can't wait to see them hold you both for the first time. I already know I will be moved to tears. They will have waited years for that special moment, and I am anxious to see them become fathers in an instant.


 Then there's me.. I love you. I love you because I love your Dads, and feel grateful to have been included in your story. I love you because you wiggle in my tummy, and because I get to see you both come healthy into this world. THAT is amazing. I'm not your mommy.. I wont be.. but I will always be the woman who God and your Fathers trusted to carry you. I will always love you because a piece of me is in you, and a piece of you both is forever in my heart.


Then there is my own family. They love you too! Jason, and Hunter and Emma! They all love you both as well. They've helped me to grow you, sang to you, talked to you in my tummy, and given you both countless kisses to be sure that you are raised in a loving and safe place! (If for some reason you have always felt a connection to the Marine Corps Hymn, I'm sorry...that would be Jason's fault. He sings it to you both in my tummy all the time. He did it to my last surro-babe as well. Hehe.)



What a beautiful thing to know that the two of you will be born with an entire family of people who love you both and want the best for you forever. Your dads are amazing, and they will raise the two of you in so much love and protection. I will always remember you both and the short time we spent together while you grew. Thank you for riding along with me, and for the many kicks and rolls in my tummy.




Love,

Corinne your Surro-mom.

3 comments:

  1. beautifully written <3 the pictures are amazing too! where did you get the dress? you look radiant xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corinne- this is so wonderfully written with such beautiful photos!! I love that you have made your body available to give these two people their own children. What a special gift that they will forever be thankful for. You are one amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corinne- this is so wonderfully written with such beautiful photos!! I love that you have made your body available to give these two people their own children. What a special gift that they will forever be thankful for. You are one amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete